He was born in Thessaloniki.
He studied violin and theory of music at the State Conservatory of Thessaloniki.
In 1974 he graduated from the Aristotle University of Thessaloniki with a degree in Law.
He continued his musical education at the Hochschule der Künste in Berlin, and graduated with a diploma in composition and conducting.
• From 1983 to 1992 he was the Artistic Director of the Thessaloniki State Orchestra.
• From 1994 to 1997 he was the Artistic Director of the Greek National Opera.
• During the period 1997-1999 he was the Artistic Director of the Music Ensembles of the Greek Radio.
• From 2004 to 2008 the Municipality of Corfu assigned him the artistic direction of the Symphony Orchestra of the Municipality of Corfu.
• 2011 - 2017 Artistic Director of the Cyprus Symphony Orchestra.
• Since May 2010 he has been the Conductor of the Symphony Orchestra of the Philharmonic Society of Corfu.
• He has the artistic responsibility of Patmos Festival "The Holy Revelation of Music" from 2001 until today.
• Since 1990 he has been the Artistic Director of the "Music College" of Thessaloniki.
From 1992 to 2011 he taught music orchestration and conducting at the Department of Musicology of the Aristotle University of Thessaloniki.
He was the Artistic Director of the Contemporary Conservatory of Thessaloniki and, also, of the Hellenic Conservatory of Athens (1998 - 2012).
Alkis Baltas is a member of the Greek Composers’ Union.
Many of his works (chamber music, choral, orchestral, operas, etc.) have been repeatedly performed in Greece and abroad as well. His compositions have been distinguished in Greek and international competitions (Italy, Spain).
conductor, he has directed all Greek orchestras and has given many concerts in
foreign countries (Italy, France, Spain, Belgium, Czechoslovakia, Sweden,
Austria, Germany, Yugoslavia, Bulgaria, Romania, Cyprus, Soviet Union, Turkey,
USA, Argentina, Qatar, Australia, England, etc.)
Η σημαντικότερη και πλέον αξιόπιστη ανεξάρτητη εταιρεία σοβαρής μουσικής στην Ελλάδα.
© Subways Music / Sophocles Sapounas